I’ve seen it time and time again – cautious, yet well-meaning, parents purchasing portable keyboards to see if their student is going to “stick with” piano lessons. …and I can understand why. Pianos (and piano lessons) are expensive. Nobody wants to invest thousands of dollars into a fleeting fancy. Most parents are willing to support their child’s musical hobby as long as they have some indication that their child seriously wants to play.
If you own a Roland Digital Piano with Bluetooth, you’ll be happy to know that you’ve just gotten a FREE upgrade – courtesy of Roland! All you have to do is update your piano’s firmware and download the update for Piano Partner 2! It’s easy and it gives you a TON of great new features!
Haven’t tried Roland’s famous Piano Partner 2 APP yet? Well, now is definitely the time to download it and give it a shot! It’s FREE and packed FULL of features that will make playing your Roland piano faster, more educational and more fun!
Here’s what’s new with Piano Partner 2 (Version 2):
- New Remote Controller – allows you to choose sounds, set split points, change balances, transpose, and more from a simple, graphical interface.
- New Recorder – allows you to record yourself (or your students) and play that recording back WIRELESSLY! No extra equipment required!
- New Practice Diary – allows you to keep track of how long you played, how many keys you pushed – and more! It’s never been easier to regulate your “at home” piano time!
- Updated Rhythms – allows you to practice with an orchestrated accompaniment OR a plain drum rhythm with just the touch of a button!
- Updated Songs – adds “Next” and “Previous” song buttons for easy access to your onboard library. You can even use shuffle or continuous play with an Apple Watch!
Roland Piano Partner 2 (Version 2) is a FREE app for Bluetooth pianos and it’s available now. Here’s how you can upgrade and start enjoying all the new features:
- Upgrade your piano’s firmware. Click here for video Instructions.
- Make sure you are using Roland Piano Partner 2 (Version 2) on your tablet. If you have downloaded Piano Partner 2 before, you will need to update it. If not, you can click here to download it.
- Once your piano and app are both updated, you need only pair your tablet to your piano with Bluetooth. Click here for video instructions.
- Enjoy all the FREE new features from Roland!
Roland’s Piano Partner 2 Bluetooth app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as Android devices. Compatible Pianos: GP-609, GP-607, LX-17, LX-7, HP-605, HP-603A, HP-603, HP-601, RP-501R, RP-102, F-140R, FP-90, FP-60, FP-30.
In 2009, Apple informed that World that – no matter what we want to do – “There’s an app for that.” …and never has that slogan rang more true than today. It would seem that nearly every business has its own app. Almost every product has it’s own accompanying software. Kids can even scan their Happy Meal toys and incorporate them into custom-made software. There’s an app for everything!
Especially since Bluetooth technology has simplified and stabilized the connections between devices, the trick now is to find the BEST app for your particular… APPlication.
If you’re a member of our Partners In Education Program and you have students between the ages of 10 and 18 who can play a Christmas song or a Jim Brickman song, you will want to pay close attention to this blog. Your students could win the unbelievable opportunity to perform with five-time platinum-selling pianist, Jim Brickman – LIVE ON STAGE!
Read more about the program by clicking here.
[UPDATE] Signups are closed now, but we have a wonderful selection of students who will perform for Jim on Saturday, November 5. The program will begin at 10am and run until about noon.
Jim is looking for a great performance, original ideas and features from The Roland LX-17 included in the performance. The song must be a Christmas song or a Jim Brickman tune. If you’d like to schedule a private coaching session in Louisville with James before November 5, contact him at 502-451-1831 x200. James is available this week from 10am – 6pm (except for Tuesday).
Jim will chose one or two students to perform with him… but all performers will get to meet Jim in person and will have a wonderful, uplifting experience. Don’t let YOUR kids miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime memory!
Summer Time. It’s a great time to relax, take vacations, and try new some new things. Not a week goes by where we don’t hear about someone who wishes they had taken piano lessons or had never stopped taking piano lessons. It’s never too late to learn, and that’s the truth!
While starting piano lessons and purchasing a piano *gulp* may seem daunting and too expensive, partnering with Roland US, we have made it even easier to get started learning the piano, or upgrading to a better instrument!
But first, let me tell you about the pianos!
Just the facts –
*All Roland digital pianos have progressive hammer action weighted keys (what?! – this means that the action of the keys feels like an acoustic piano – you play harder, sounds louder – you play lightly, sounds softer – the keys progressively feel heavier to lighter (like on an acoustic piano)
* All Roland digital pianos have (at least) a sustain pedal. You will need this – trust me.
* All Roland digital pianos do not need to be tuned (see, already saving you money!)
* All Roland digital pianos have SuperNATURAL piano sound (again, what?! Are there ghosts in the piano? No. “While traditional digital designs focus on creating a simple snapshot of an acoustic piano’s sound, SuperNATURAL Piano gives pianists a complete playing experience, with the touch, feel, and tonal behavior of a real acoustic grand.” Look here for more info.
*Roland has FREE piano apps available to help with learning and some other great learning tools. Check out our Pinterest page for a list of some that are available.
*Some Roland digital pianos even have Bluetooth capabilities! This makes it even easier to connect your piano to your tablet and access some pretty awesome piano apps (we even give you some free music that you can download with select pianos).
*All Roland digital pianos come with great warranties – from 5-10 years, depending on the model. Don’t worry, this instrument will last!
But that’s not all! Roland has made special LOW INTEREST financing available on their current model pianos until August 31, 2017. (Limited to two pianos per buyer. Credit approval required)
- 12-Month Same as Cash with $0 down
- 36-month or 60-month financing at 7.99% APR with $0 down