With today’s shrinking school budgets and expanding needs, it is more critical than ever that we seek to build strong partnerships between institutions of higher learning and local business. As the area’s only authorized Steinway & Sons agent, Gist Piano Center is uniquely positioned to provide area institutions with the tools and training they need to maximize their students’ educational experience.
We'll help you select the perfect instruments and equipment for your music program (whether it be a single piano or long-term tradeout plan), help you organize a strategy for piano replacement, work with your development team to build a healthy and well promoted piano fund and create a sensible maintenance program to protect your instruments for generations to come.
Gist Piano Advocacy
Gist Piano Center actively works with local music schools to promote music education. As part of our exclusive relationship with Steinway & Sons, we regularly enlist a variety of guest speakers, celebrated pianists, authors and industry professionals to appear around the bi-state area. These events demonstrate a strong commitment to our future music community at every education level. They elevate a music school’s community profile and they enhance community support for The Arts. Most importantly, they help college alumni and community music enthusiasts to understand the potential their donations may unlock.
University Partnership Programs at Gist
- The Steinway Inventory Analysis: At no cost, we will evaluate the status and value of your existing piano inventory. This is an important first step in planning for the future.
- The Steinway Institutional Ownership Plan: This innovative and flexible program enables your university or conservatory to join the acclaimed list of "All Steinway Schools". Our expert staff is here to provide all the details, and to help establish or grow your school's inventory of Steinway-designed pianos, within even the most demanding capital and operating budgets.
- The Keys to Sound Success: Six proven, turnkey fundraising programs customized for institutional use.
- The Steinway Living Legacy: A program to help institutions locate and engage potential donors.
- The Institutional Technician's Guide: Help your school technicians plan work hours, manage parts budgets, and establish a maintenance program that preserves the value of your pianos.
- Piano Learning Labs: From a basic curriculum for beginning programs to advanced applications at the university level, Gist Piano Center is the area's most knowledgable and experienced piano learning lab source. We'll custom-build a piano lab that will suit your progam budget and educational goals.
We're dedicated to building a musical future for our community. Ask us today how we can customize these programs for your institution and help you achieve your goals.