Luxury Digital Upright Piano
LX-17 Roland Digital Piano
The Ultimate Sound Experience
With the new LX-line of Luxury Roland Digital Pianos, Roland has once again redefined the digital piano market. Combining state-of-the-art technology and engineering with timeless contemporary design, the new LX-line offers unparalleled piano performance and industry-exclusive technologies that enable you to lose yourself in your music - an experience never before available on a home digital piano. Explore the LX-17 Roland Digital Piano at Gist Piano Center today.
Most digital pianos use a "sample" (or recording) of an acoustic piano to get their piano sound. The quality of their performance, then, is limited by the size of their memory chips. Bigger chips can fit more "samples" and offer a higher level of "polyphony" or depth to the piano sound. Now, with Roland's all-new SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling™ technology, everything has changed. Luxury Roland digital pianos now generate their piano sound LIVE and in real-time using a mathematical algorithm Roland developed for their professional V-Piano and V-Piano Grand instruments. SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling™ provides the player with unlimited dynamic levels (compared to only 128 volume levels with "sampled" pianos), rich and detailed resonance with unlimited polyphony (compared to a limited number of notes on "sampled" pianos), and a perfectly organic decay (compared to other digital pianos that use computerized looping and fading). The result is a rich, complex sound - complete with overtones - that actually changes in response to the way you play; something impossible to achieve when a piano uses sampling technology.
Also new to Luxury Roland Digital Pianos is the industry-first "hybrid" Progressive Hammer Action with Escapement. The new, high-resolution PHA-50 keyboard combines the appearance and feel of wood with the durability of modern materials to provide a maintenance-free keyboard with unmatched control and balance. It is truly a joy to play!
Additional "Key" Features:
- Industry-first Piano Designer - Use the app or on-board keys to customize the piano sound to your specific taste. With a few simple adjustments, you can play your dream piano whenever you want!
- Headphones 3D Ambiance technology puts you in the middle of your music - giving you a warm, realistic sound when you feel like playing privately. You can even limit the volume through headphones to protect your ears.
- Industry-first Bluetooth® technology connects with any smart phone or tablet (iOS, Windows or Android). Use the latest music learning apps or turn the pages on your digital sheet music wirelessly!
- Play music from your smart phone or tablet through your piano wirelessly using Bluetooth® technology!
- Enjoy an ALL-NEW library of non-piano sounds, including strings, brass, organ and many others.
- 25 on-board registrations allow you to store your favorite sounds setups (including layers and splits) and retrieve them with the touch of a button! You can even save them to your USB flash drive for quick and easy recall!
- [UPGRADE FROM LX-7] Enormous 8-Speaker Acoustic Projection sound system accentuate the intricate textures of acoustic piano sounds as different sounds from each speaker pair mix in the air and hit your ears like an acoustic grand piano! In the LX-17, these speakers are uniquely-positioned to expand the acoustic piano feel and enhance every nuance of your performance. It is truly the ultimate sound experience.
- Large, on-board song library covers piano classics, as well as popular lessons songs such as Czerny 100 and Hanon
- Built-in "Easy Record" feature empowers you to easily capture your performances as MIDI or audio files (optional USB flash memory required for audio recording)
- Transpose your (MIDI or audio) songs or change their tempo independently. You can even remove the vocals from most audio CD files!
- Progressive Damper Action pedal with continuous response gives you the pedal control of an acoustic grand, accommodating half-pedaling, flutter-pedaling and more!
- [UPGRADE FROM LX-7] Stunning upright piano cabinet looks just like a traditional piano. Available in polished ebony, or polished white.
- Industry-first - TEN YEAR Parts and Labor Warranty! Roland is so confident of their pianos' quality that they offer a warranty that is twice as long (or more) as the warranties you'll find elsewhere. Think about it: What other electronic product comes with a 10-year warranty today?!