Since 1971, Gist Piano Center has been dedicated to three guiding principles: to provide fine pianos at the best prices possible, to educate area families about the benefits of music making, and to introduce Kentuckiana piano teachers to new technologies that will enhance learning and inspire students of all ages. In keeping with these principles, we are proud to announce that – as of April 3 – Gist Piano Center is Kentucky’s new home for Yamaha Pianos.
One of the top 5 largest musical instrument companies in the World, Yamaha Corporation has a long history of piano innovation. In the last decade alone, Yamaha has entirely reinvented itself, shedding the image of the “bright pop piano” and providing instruments with incredible range and depth. In recent years, Yamaha has redefined the piano business, adding new instrument categories that meet the needs of today’s music students in ways no other manufacturer can.
- In 2008, Yamaha purchased the Austrian piano maker, Bösendorfer, and began to integrate their warmth and depth into the Yamaha piano sound.
- In 2009, Yamaha blurred the lines between acoustic pianos and digital pianos as they introduced the all-new AvantGrand hybrid pianos.
- In 2011, Yamaha introduced new, handcrafted CF-Series Premium Pianos based on Bösendorfer designs and 11 years of feedback from World-Class performers.
- In 2013, Yamaha released the entirely re-designed CX-Series pianos – replacing the popular C-Series with pianos of greater warmth, depth and resonance.
- In 2014, Yamaha is introducing yet another category of piano – the TransAcoustic piano. This instrument functions just like any acoustic piano, but – with the flip of a switch – it can transform its soundboard into a loudspeaker for the piano (and other digital sounds).
Considering Yamaha’s tremendous reputation with piano technicians, their track record of innovation and their dedication to music education around the World, we at Gist are happy to finally welcome this iconic company to our family. We encourage you to visit us in Louisville or Lexington and spend some time exploring the All-New Yamaha. You won’t believe how affordable “World-Class” can be.